GRAINCORP CALLEEN – NEW RAIL SIDING
Taylor Rail Australia completed the construction of a new rail siding for GrainCorp at the Calleen site.
The siding is located on the Lake Cargelligo Branch of the Country Regional Network. The existing track is 104lbs rail on timber sleepers and classified as Class 3. The new rail siding is Track Class 1.
The works for the new Rail siding included:
- 436 m of standard gauge track;
- 200 m of existing mainline track adjustment including rail lifting and tamping;
- 2 standard gauge 1 in 10.5 conventional turnouts installed in the main line; and
- 2 derailers
- Asphalt paving through the hopper loading area to top of rail
- Two level crossings within the main line corridor allowing for water pipeline inspections teams to transverse the corridor
- Railway embankment earthworks, including installation of four culverts
- Provision of a train examination walkway on both sides of the new siding loop and on one side within the main line
The new track and associated civil works was constructed in two parts: Stage 1 within the GrainCorp owned private property and Stage 2 the works within the CRN managed Main Line corridor