Taylor Rail have completed contracted rail repair works at Botany Intermodal (Park 1). The works included:
- Replacement of approximately 140m of condemned rail track with new 53kg/m headhardened rail
- Concrete encasing around the new track and a refurbished ballast approach section including new approach slab
- A drainage system was also installed between point BY34
- Canal bridge to prevent water bogging, as was previously evident.
- Two undertrack ducts were installed along the canal boundary to allow for future services.
Works were completed ahead of schedule, allowing Botany Intermodal to provide a complete and reliable service to the logistics industry. The high standard set by engineering consultants James Rose Consultants, working on behalf of DP World Logistics, was met and practical handover completed Tuesday 10 October, 6 days ahead of schedule.